Who doesn’t love a little Chicken Alfredo?
There are several ways to go about it. Old school from scratch on the stove top works, but needs tending. You can dump a jar of Alfredo sauce from the store on top of some noodles. It works. OR do it from scratch with about the same ease as dumping the jar – in the Instant Pot!
There really isn’t much prep to do with this one, other than cutting up the chicken and snapping the fettuccine noodles in half. It’s pretty much dump, pressurize, stir, eat.
My wife really liked it too – and has asked for it several times since I first made it.
Since I wasn’t thinking and kinda slacked off snapping pictures of the making of … I’ll try to add more in the future.
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Instant Pot
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups/spoons
- 3 tbsp butter cut into small pieces
- 4 tsp garlic minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp white ground pepper
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 10 oz Fettuccine noodles broken in half
- 2 lbs chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Put butter and garlic in the Instant Pot.
- Add the chicken broth and heavy cream.
- Add the fettuccine noodles, spreading them around randomly to prevent clumping. Gently press into the liquid until as much of the noodles as possible are submerged.
- Add the chicken pieces on top of the noodles. Add the salt and pepper.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual, high pressure, for 6 minutes.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set to sealing position.
- When the cook time is up, do a 5 minute natural release, then pop the seal in short bursts to quick release the rest of the pressure. If you let it go all at once, you run the risk of the cream/sauce spewing out the valve. It could get messy, so don't rush it.
- Pop the top and mix everything well.
- Add the grated Parmesan and herbs de Provence and stir it in.
- IF the sauce seems too thin, it should thicken as it cools, but you can also just add more Parmesan cheese to thicken it further.
- Plate and enjoy!